Monday, February 2, 2009

El Roi.

The Lord gave me a scripture twice yesterday. I love studying the Hebrew and in Genesis 16, Hagar is forced by Sarah to flee to the desert, alone and pregnant. (I hear being pregnant is no picnic sometimes, but in the desert...yikes!) Then the Angel of the Lord ministers to her and in verse 13 she calls him El Roi, the God who sees.
Becky Boyles gave me a names of God sign with the name El Roi on it yesterday.
Then I spoke with Heather McPherson and asked her little boy Mason what his memory verse was this week.

Yep, you guessed it. "Thou God seest thee" (they memorize in KJV--too cute, huh?!).

I shared this in an email with some friends this morning but God prompted me to also share it with my loyal Bloggerotsky.


Our God sees you. He sees your frustration at the prayers you have prayed that have yet to be visibly answered. He sees the things that make you joyful and the things that have broken your heart.
He also sees your future and your past.
He sees you right now, sitting at a desk or teaching a classroom full of kids.
He sees you as you deal with clients and as you struggle to make ends meet in this recession.
He sees you as you care for your own children and rinse their sippy cups for the fifteenth time today.
He sees you as you lay in bed and cry because you think that He can't really see you because if He could, He would end your hurts.
He sees you beg Him for the dream in your heart to become a reality.

The God of the universe sees you. Unfiltered. Unrefined.

In 2 Chronicles 16, God tells us a little more about His character.
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

At the end of ourselves, we find a beauty in the knowledge that God has seen every tear we've cried, every song we've sung, every prayer we have prayed, and every moment we have gotten it right.

May the comfort of the God who sees everything about us and still loves us be what carries us today.

2 comments:

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Would it be embarassing to admit that I'm now sobbing? Thank you, Lauren. I keep reminding myself lately that "God is good, He loves me, He is enough". Thank you for reminding me that He sees me as well.

Abbie said...

How beautiful...I love the "He sees you..." part - you have an amazing way with words! Thank you so much, Lauren!