Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fried Ice Cream Blasts and Late Nights in the SLC.

So Nicole and I are having our nightly** bonding experience.








okay, so I use the term bonding loosely, as both of us are silently sitting in the basement of the Student Life Center on campus. If you were eavesdropping on us (don't do that, it's creepy.) you would hear the rat-tat-tat of our laptop keyboards and "The Closer" (a fantastic show on TNT...)








Wow, we lead exciting lives. Nicole went for a walk with some of our friends, but I sat on the couch and watched a movie because I haven't had a night to myself in a really long time.








So my question is, "Why run a commercial for those delightful-looking Fried Ice Cream Blasts from Sonic at 11:30 at night?"











because of suckers like me.











But I refuse to give into good advertising. I am NOT going to Sonic.





not tonight, anyway.











There is something very comforting about us being in the same room, clicking away. And Nicole is hilarious. One time she was on the phone, and the other person couldn't figure out who she was, so she says with a latin flair:


"Here's a hint. My name starts with an N...and ends with OLE!"





Maybe I will tell you some of the other stuff that we come up with.








not tonight, anyway.











You know, if I decided right now to hop in the car and drive all the way to the local Sonic about 20 minutes away, Nicole would hop in with me in half a heartbeat. If that weren't enough, she would sing obnoxiously with me all the way there and all the way back.



















I call this one "essence of seizing the moment."


and seizing the sweat because my car, Darla,

well, the ol' grey mare just ain't what she used to be, and her a/c isn't loving me these days.





WE are awesome and we are not going to have FICB.

not tonight, anyways. :D










**That is, every night I stay in the OC. Which is like two nights a week. Thanks to the Thompsons for running a classy boardinghouse for me in Vincennes. I love my FAMILY!!

0 comments: