Tuesday, May 13, 2008

She Strikes Again!

So last night I went to the funeral home to visit the family of a Godly man in our fellowship who passed away this weekend. He was a good friend to Seth and his family is precious.

When I got there, Seth who was milling around like a pastor should, offered to go through the line with me (bless his heart-I hoped he would)and we waited for fifteen or twenty minutes. We were in the sanctuary and walked up the middle aisle. I greeted one of his daughters and gave her a hug. Then there was a couple just standing there, and I don't know quite what I was thinking, but I motioned for that couple to come through and greet the man's wife.


ummm, duh.

They were standing there because the woman was the man's daughter too. I'm cringing even typing that. Believe it or not, I have had a lot of experience with funerals in my life. But I assumed. And one should never assumed. It's especially dangerous when you are That Girl. So Seth tries to help it out by telling them, "She goes to second service, that's why she didn't know." I don't think it was too bad because I actually knew the lady that I motioned to come through (cringing again)

Well, Seth got me out of there quick, fast, and in a hurry and on the way out, I reminded him of the pain and embarrassment that can come with the territory when one loves That Girl. It was really my first That Girl moment/pastor's girlfriend faux pas, so if that counts for anything...Okay, I know it doesn't. Cringing again.

Welcome to the world of That Girl.

0 comments: