Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Morning.

{I would post some pics but let's face it, nobody wants to see me right now and I don't want to terrify my poor boyfriend with my hair-the poof has gone awry.}


But I have to tell you that as I woke up this morning, the community around me was the most beautiful thing (even if my hair isn't at this moment in time). I am at the Thompson family home and we are getting ready to enjoy breakfast. There is a Halo game going on behind me, and Eli and a friend are enjoying their video game and keeping it real as their coordination skills blow me away (literally). Sarah and her friend as well as Ariel are still sleeping right now, and to tell you the truth I am surprised I am awake myself. I love this day.

Terri is working on scrambling some eggs and Randy and I just talked politics for a while. I am drinking an orange juice, the kind the family buys me that is for "that girl" that comes and stays at random hours of the day and night... it's the little minute maid mini kind that I cart off to school with me on Thursday and Sunday mornings. It makes me feel special.




All that to say it doesn't take much to make someone feel loved.


I wish with all my heart I could be with my own family as my oldest niece K (who lives across the US) will be performing as a dalmation in her school play next week and then they head to Disneyland with my dad. With school and work, there is just no way, so I am thankful for a place to feel a little like a kid again on Saturday morning.


My sweet friends, what are some little things you can do or say to make someone feel loved? What are some ways we can make everyone feel like a part of God's family?




Go love Jesus and people today...

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Lauren, I just love you! You are so inspiring. When I read your posts, I kind of feel like I'm reading my verse-of-the-day!:) I just feel happier after reading them or something! Maybe you could post every morning and call it Lauren's verse of the day!:))) Hope your saturday continues to be great......

Keyly Watts said...

Lauren ~ I try to smile at everyone in that first moment that eyes meet. Usually I get a smile right back and that makes my day. How about you?
I hope you have a Jesus party at some point this week . . . or all week long.

Nicole said...

Something I like doing for Ben is getting him food. When I get some kind of fast food or food on the go (like at Dragon), I try to bring him a little something. I've noticed doing things like this not only makes the other person feel special, but it also does something to brighten your own day!

Terri said...

Ahh, Lauren....I just read this...how sweet...guess I had better go buy more Minute Maid mini size containers...xoxo

Guatmama said...

That Terri she is something special. Did you know she was my new found friend for my walk? Yep, lucky me to have her as a friend in Christ.