Monday, March 9, 2009

Ladies Day 2009/Spurgeon GB Church (aka it's MondayandIneedanenergydrink...)

Picture it: French Lick, Indiana, early March, the sun peeking through the trees....


Okay, I tried to do a little Sophia action from the Golden Girls but let's face it, I am tall, thick, and don't have a cute little Bronx accent. But I am lacking that same filter Sophia lacks from time to time.


ehh, I digress.



But I want to tell you about the amazingly blessed time I had with the ladies who attended the event at Mt. Lebanon on Saturday. I think that God did answer my prayer for Him to touch every heart without exception, and He certainly did not exclude me. I am so thankful for the women that I met who shared their stories with me and allowed me to pray with them, and the relationships I was able to build and nurture.

Thank you, ladies, for listening to the Holy Spirit, for being so encouraging, and for a wonderful day. Thank you to the folks and Mt. Leb who made me feel like I had been there all my life and for the wonderful lunch and worship art we had the privilege to watch. Thank you to Deanna, Amber, and Charlotte for leading the charge into His presence. That Girl was blessed beyond measure and it looks like we will get to party again soon--this time in Paoli and another place that my brain is too tired to remember...hee hee. More details to come, obviously, but I think it will involve a Friends Meeting.

{Yes, that's right. That Girl is going to speak at a Quaker ladies meeting. I am SOOOO EXCITED! My precious friend Royce issued the invitation early this morning. She is a brave one. And That Girl needs a lot of prayer....you know how I am.}

Anyway, Miss Leslie from my hometown wrote a blog that talks about the day: if you couldn't make it, check out her blog, because I could totally tell she took some amazing notes :D
I just love her.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday morning, I had the distinct privilege of sharing a friend's pulpit. He trusted me to care for his delightful sheep while he is on holiday (ADD interjection: doesn't going "on holiday" sound so much more jazzy than "going on a vacay?" let me know your thoughts on this...)
and I had the best time with them. They were warm, welcoming, and encouraging. I am so thankful for the way that they love each other--the children get to take up the offering too and that was just totally precious. Thanks Marc and Spurgeon GB >Keep fighting the good fight!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I am so blessed to do what I get to do and every time I speak, I thank the God of all creation that I can't imagine doing anything else with my time and my life than preaching His Gospel and encouraging the brethren.


I hope I have a few new readers now...thanks for stopping by and please come back!


You are dearly loved by God and me, little ones.

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for the shout out! And thanks for all you do. I have to tell you, Lauren, I'm already feeling change. I think you know what I mean. It didn't take long for better feelings to start settling in. Praise God!