Friday, January 23, 2009

Community+Dinner.

Sure wish I could post some pictures for your viewing delight, but as some of you know already, I lost the nicest camera I have ever owned.


Well, I use the term "own" very loosely as Seth bought the camera and showed me much love because he gave it to me. Then I lost it in the mother-of-all-that-girl-moments.

(I still claim it got stolen out of his unlocked truck. I know what some of you are thinking...maybe the backseat of her car ate it)


I secretly think Seth is getting me a new cam for Valentine's Day but if not I won't be disappointed, either.

(ok, so the secret is out now. you heard my prediction here first. He said it wasn't so we shall see.)


Tsk, tsk. Anyway, we were invited to the home of a very special family for dinner last night. Being the PG* has some sweet perks, one of which is getting to build relationships with families (and getting a home-cooked meal that I don't have to cook). It's a really beautiful thing to sit around a table to share fellowship and break bread together. In fact, where did some of the most important times of Jesus' ministry occur?
around the table.

If we really beleive that we are surrounded by the sacred, then every moment is dripping with the holiness and pleasure of God if our hearts are turned toward His Kingdom. We find Him where we choose to look for Him.

I found him last night at the Sydow household. Doug and Bonnie have been worshipping with us at FBC for a while now, and we were thankful to sit down and share company with them and their eight beautiful children. The children are adorable, well-behaved, and extremely hospitable. The kids call Seth Pastor Seth as a term of respect, and it was really cute to see even the youngest ones show "Pastuh Sef" their cool toys. They love Star Wars, so when they got out the fake lightsabers, I'm pretty sure Seth thought he had entered into his eternal reward right then and there.

It was so cool to hear the story of how Doug and Bonnie met in college and married (those stories never get old, since as BeckyB. says, I am a hopeless romantic.) It was also neat to hear about the approach that they take with teaching their children at home and how passionate they are about raising their children in the admonition of the Lord.


I am so thankful for their hospitality and thankful for the blessings that come along with being in leadership of the FBC Community.

How He loves us to present opportunities to do life together.
















I came up with my own term as I my role with the community of FBC is often undefinable. PG stands for (are you ready for this, it's brilliant) Pastor's Girlfriend.

0 comments: