Saturday, February 23, 2008

Friday Five: American Idol Style.

Here are my top five "ones to watch" for this season's American Idol:

5. Syesha Mercado. Cool hair, STRONG vocals. And anyone who can sing Aretha with no speaking voice left is okay by me.

4. Jason Castro. Despite those horrific dreds, his sweet acoustic set the other night was really charming.

3. Brooke White. With her sunny disposition and sweet song choices, she will go far in the competition with her Carly Simon-esque vocals mixed in with the modern kick of Ingrid Michaelson.

2. Michael Johns. His unbelievable rendition of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' that got him into the top 24 was sooo goooood. Then he topped it off with some of The Doors the other night and has really strong stage presence.


drumroll, please....

1. David Archuleta. Can anybody beat this kid out for the title? I doubt it. The kid is so dang full of talent and sweetness. He's soooo gonna win. And I'll buy his record!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice run down! Good taste Laur... my only change would be to move Syesha up just a tad (She'd be my 3). Love her voice and energy...

I *love* Brooke's JOY! She just ooooozes sweetness. And the kid- he's clearly the one to watch, he hasn't gone wrong with a single choice yet.

Lauren said...

Becky, do you like David Cook? I really like him.