Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blue Plate Special of Conviction.

My friend Andi filled me in on a little piece of goodness in my journey to being healthy. the sloooow, tedious, monotonous, mymusclesache, is it really worth it to give up my beloved french fries, I miss Dr. Pepper, I GAINED weight this week, Lord please help me not to go to Sweet Stuff Bakery today kind of journey.


Did I mention that eating "right" and working out are two of my favorite things in the world to do?

So I had a good laugh this morning waiting in my gmail inbox and I just gots tah share with yas.




May we all be inspired to get in shape even when the only thing we want to Shred is some chicken for an enchilada.


Wha? Nobody else had that thought?





Meh.




It is from the book "Perfect Weight America" by Jordan Rubin:



With apologies to King David, I now offer you the Dieter's Psalm, based on Psalm 23:
Stict is my diet. I must not want
It maketh me lie down at night hungry.
It leadeth me past the confectioners.
It trieth my willpower.
It leadeth me in the paths of alteration for my figure's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the aisles of the pastry department,
I will buy no sweet rolls, for they are fattening.
The cakes and the pies, they tempt me.
Before me is a table set with green beans and lettuce.
I filleth my stomach with liquids.
My day's quota runneth over.
Surely calorie and weight charts will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in fear of the scales forever.




2 comments:

Keyly Watts said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!
Hilarious too!!
Have a great Thursday afternoon Lauren - I love ya pal!!

The Shafer's said...

This was soo funny...Thank you for sharing!!