Friday, December 19, 2008

"That Girl..." Needs YOUR HELP!!



This is a photo of Andy and Amy.

We have been friends for a long time. I met Andy in 2004, and I met Amy in 2005. Amy was one of my roommates for a year. I love them with all of my heart, and am excited as the Lord has called them into missions. I also love their humor and fun-loving spirits...one time Amy drank 3 Hi-C Juice boxes in under a minute and crushed the boxes on her head.

I have the coolest friends in the world.



We are so excited that they are going to get married tomorrow....It's such a Happy DAY!!

They asked me to read scripture at their wedding, and I GET TO CHOOOSE!

Please, that's like asking Ben & Jerry to choose their favorite flavor of ice cream.

So you have to help me TODAY to pick out which one(s) I am reading.
I have prayed over several and I want you guys to help me pick the winners!

No I Cor 13 here...it's pretty but there's some other good stuff in that Book.



#1: Romans 15:5-7 (NIV)---
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.

Wow, I love these two verses. I first came across it in a Bonhoeffer wedding sermon and fell in love with it. Then I was praying about my relationship with Seth one day (that we could have love that was rooted and grounded in Christ and His Word), and I read it again on an airplane as I was traveling that day. I was blown away, and I always think of it when I think of agape love.

---------------------------------

#2: I John 4:7-12
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

I have always thought that I John speaks such anelegant and beautiful word about the purpose of our love for Him and each other--the Love of Christ compels us to love each other WELL.


---------------------------------

#3: Romans 12:9-13
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

My friends Mandy and Luke told me that they had this read at their wedding, and since Andy and Amy are going into the mission field soon, it might be really appropriate.

----------------------------------

#4: Ephesians 4:1-6
As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Gosh I love this little passage. So good. Speaks for itself.




Alright Bloggerotsky---vote away, and make it quick, 'cause they are getting married in the morning!




They are even more fun than they look, by the way....




HURRY!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

I like #1. Okay, really, I like them all. But I REALLY like #1.

Good luck!

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

I"m with Elle. Exactly. I lke them all.. actually I like #1 & #3 best. But I REALLY like #1..

Carol said...

I agree...#1. But then I see why you like #3, also, so you could throw that in, too. :) Happy "going to wedding #83 this year" day to you tomorrow.

Unknown said...

#1... knew it immediately...

but they are all GREAT!

Shannon said...

Funny so many #1s:) That was my choice too! Pastor said at church two wks back that "unity commands a blessing." That phrase has stuck with me and is why my vote for this couple is #1!

Michal said...

Not to follow the crowd or anything, but I also like #1 the best. :) #4 is grand, too, though. Love you!

Life is short but God is sweet said...

I am to late to vote. It has been a month sense I have been on my own blog. Things are crazy with the new puppy, my Grandma and trying to keep myself healthy. Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving with your family in Washington.

We are truly going to have a white Christmas here. We have 26 inches in our yard and another 10 expected in the next two days.

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Sooo.. which ONE did you choose? How'd the wedding go? Where ya' been?