Friday, April 18, 2008

"Please Don't Stop the Music..."

So tonight is the legendary night of all nights at OCU.

it's formal tea night.



[bet y'all are wondering what the heck that is.]


It's the crowning night of the year and of our spring fling week...
everyone puts on their best duds and heads to the Bauerhaus in Darmstadt, where we eat on the Student Government Association's dime* and then boogie the night away....


Just so yas know, I love to dance.



let me repeat that: I love to dance!!



it burns off the calories from the cheesecake I eat, it offers an opportunity to bond with my best girlfriends, and it's like dancing at a wedding without having to buy the gift.

I (like my mama) am the DANCING QUEEN. I will dance until the music stops. I will bring my best moves (clean of course...).

(my friend Parrish, once said it so wisely as she explained her dance fever:
"If I was not a Christian, I would be a coyote. I can promise you that.")


I can't wait to bust a move to some old school jams, like 'NSync's "Bye Bye Bye" and Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and they better play "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey.

I also hope to hear "Look After You" by the Fray, because my sweetie has (albeit reluctanctly) offered to be my date for the dayance partay. He hates to dance and hates getting dressed up. Bless his heart, he's coming anyway.


I love love love Formal Tea, and this will probably be my last opportunity to attend. All of the old gang will be coming back with dates, so my whole college crew (minus one, tears for you Charles...) will be dancing the night away.

I'm tearing up a little bit, thinking about how the people I have met here at OCU have shaped me as a person. They danced their way into my heart, and we will dance all night to celebrate what God has done these past four years.


SO....

I'll see you on the dance floor.




*Well, it's actually our dime because of the activity fee we pay, but it feels like free because we don't have to pay right then...

0 comments: